When you grow things, cultivate the earth, you also nurture happiness and gratitude. Landscapes help us to appreciate the beauty in the everyday. When we take a moment to stop the dizzying spin of … Read More about Landscapes grow gratitude and joy
Soul of the Gardener
"This is our home and we are planning on staying here for a long time," stated the homeowner to Outdoor Craftsmen in one of our initial landscape design discovery meetings. The location of their home includes great schools, fabulous parks and outdoor activities. "Close to everything we could want or need," they said. "Build us our dream garden, something we can enjoy now and forever." The criterias: fire, water, stone, kids, love of gardening, and entertaining.
When a client is able to express their basic needs and criteria for their space, it allows the Outdoor Craftsmen landscape design team to draw up some very creative solutions. Separated into three primary outdoor living areas, the exterior of this suburban home was transformed into a personal sanctuary where the lady of the house is in her own haven of gardening. The kids have their space with play areas and a hot tub that are close to mom's watchful eye. These areas were specifically designed to one day be able to expand into the garden as the family grows. The free-form deck with boulders and water feature is closely connected to the outdoor kitchen. Flowing lawns lead to a gracious yet rustic patio and fire pit where the man of the house can entertain.
- - 2005 ALCC Award of Excellence Winner - Landscape Construction
- - Free-form hardwood deck with scrolled-in boulder seats
- - Arched pergola to support flowering vines
- - Custom fence and gates with matching arched design
- - Flush-mounted hot tub built into the deck
- - Pondless water feature - kid-safe and great sound
- - Natural wood burning fire pit with boulder outcropping
- - A gardener's dream with flowering plants galore
"Even to this day when opening the morning drapes, we say "wow". Chris and the crew are indeed Outdoor Craftsmen."
- Bob & Carolyn Bouck | Broomfield Colorado