Whether you are planning to stay in your home or sell, improvements to your outdoor environment continue to be popular and wise. Investing in your home's landscape enhances its beauty, … Read More about Outdoor home improvements with the greatest benefit to you, the homeowner
CONSTRUCTION AND MAINTENANCE PROFESSIONAL CAREERS IN BOULDER, COLORADO
Do you enjoy spending time outdoors and working with plants? Do you feel great when you breathe fresh, clean air, doing fun creative work with your hands? If you are interested in becoming a landscape professional, craftsman, designer, artisan, or horticulturalist with the premier landscaping contractor in the Boulder, CO area, we would like to meet you! Landscaping careers are the opportunity to do what you've always wanted.
In any aspect of landscaping, you are involved with the natural environment, creative thinking, problem-solving, and working with trees, plants, stone, rock, and soil, You could be part of the design team that develops the landscape plan. Or you could be one of the landscape craftsmen that perform the installation:
- Grading and shaping the land
- Installing drainage and sprinkler systems
- Placing gravel, stone and landscape boulders
- Building hardscape elements, such as pathways, patios, retaining walls, fences, decks, fireplaces and pergolas
- Installing water features and artistic focal points
- Preparing a soil base for planting
- Planting trees, shrubs, vegetable plants and flowers
- Ongoing landscape maintenance
Working For Outdoor Craftsmen in One of Our Landscaping Careers
As architects and installers, Outdoor Craftsman has won multiple awards for leadership in landscape design-build. Our portfolio of unique designs is a testament to our excellence in craftsmanship. We explore the possibilities with our clients, bringing their dream landscapes to life. We have a reputation for solution-oriented customer service that far surpasses their expectations. We use the land and materials from nature as our palette to create works of art that our clients enjoy for years to come.
On top of the benefits already mentioned of working in the landscaping industry, there are some additional pros that come with working at Outdoor Craftsmen in one of our landscaping careers, including:
- Competitive pay
- Career development reimbursement for industry-specific training and certifications
- The opportunity to grow with the company
- Company parties and events
- An all-around fun place to work
- Great work-life balance
We want to point out that we are well aware that life happens and the Outdoor Craftsmen team understands. As an employee, you will be asked to work hard but we offer flexibility when it is needed. We are strong on family values and support a great work-life balance. You can always talk to us about family events or emergencies that need your attention.
Our goal is to create a team of landscaping professionals committed to staying on the leading edge of landscape installation and maintenance techniques. For you, this is an investment in your future. We consider you an investment in our company. Our ability to develop your skills and talents through professional experience and training means you will be better for having worked with us.
Health Benefits Enjoyed By Landscapers
Imagine spending your days designing or building beautiful landscapes that blend patios and outdoor living spaces with lush greenery and Xeriscape gardens. This is what landscapers do and it offers many benefits for your health and well-being.
As a landscape technician, you spend most of your time moving your body in various ways. The bending, squatting and lifting requirements of the job mean you increase your physical strength and flexibility on a daily basis.
- Improves your heart rate and circulation
- Strengthens your immune system through the absorption of phytoncides in the fresh air - these boost white blood cell counts due to their antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Increases the amount of vitamin D in your body - this is necessary to absorb calcium for healthy bones and teeth, and helps to reduce the risk of osteoporosis and heart disease
- Lowers the primary stress activator in your system - cortisol
Spending a lot of time outside in direct contact with the natural environment has been proven to contribute to a positive attitude.
- Increases the sense of well-being
- Reduces mental and emotional stress
- Boosts your energy levels
- Enhances your overall enthusiasm and vitality
Are you committed to sustainability for Boulder, CO?
In the Boulder County community, sustainability is a motivating factor for designing landscapes to reduce water and energy consumption. At Outdoor Craftsmen, our team is dedicated to installing landscapes that work in harmony with the natural environment. Our designs become extensions of the spectacular mountain scenery framing the background for homes and commercial buildings in the Front Range area.
We use xeriscape techniques to choose plants and trees native to the local climate, and that can be sustained by the normal amount of rainfall. We shape the terrain to reduce flooding and soil erosion by distributing water flow to needed areas of the yard. Whenever possible, we install alternative energy products. The final product is a sustainable, upscale, custom outdoor living space that supports the client's lifestyle.
Landscaping job requirements & openings
Required Landscaping Job Skills
While we are always open to considering experienced landscape and construction professionals, we seek applicants with the following skills:
- Landscape and construction experience
- Technical knowledge of construction, irrigation, and hardscape installation
- Supervisory experience in landscape construction for supervisors
- Job tracking, job cost reporting, and scheduling experience for supervisors
- Good work ethic, integrity, and positive attitude
- Commitment to the highest quality workmanship and attention to detail
- Education in construction project management, landscape, horticulture or related field depending on role
- Emphasis on safety, job-specific training, and professional skill development
- Ability to communicate with customers including advanced English communication skills
- Mastery over horticultural principles for landscape gardeners
- Mastery over turf grasses and horticultural maintenance for landscape maintenance
- Possess creativity, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn
Landscaping Jobs Open Year-Round
Because of the demand for our services in the Boulder area, we are regularly looking for landscape construction craftsmen and the best landscape gardeners. We have many landscaping jobs open year-round including:
- Teams of landscape and construction craftsmen
- Landscape construction technicians
- Construction and project foremen
- Supervisors and project managers
- Landscape gardeners
- Landscape maintenance specialists
- Irrigation technicians
Current Landscaping Jobs Open
Join the Landscape Team
We have shown many of the benefits that come with being a landscape professional, but maybe you just love working outside in the Colorado sun! No matter the reason, working in the landscaping industry in the Boulder, Colorado area (and all over the Front Range) is a great choice for a career, especially if you decide to work with a reputable company like Outdoor Craftsmen.
Our team of landscape installers are enthusiastic about working outside in the sunny, Colorado climate. They take immense pride in their work - creating beautiful and functional landscapes for our clients. Each team member has acquired advanced technical knowledge, understands safety, has a great work ethic, a positive, enthusiastic attitude, communicates well with our clients and has a desire to learn more about the industry.
At Outdoor Craftsmen, in every company role, whether it be design, construction, or maintenance you will be challenged to do better every day. We can guarantee you will never be bored when there is something new to build or a problem that needs a creative solution! We are doing the work that most landscapers aspire to do.
We are open to considering both experienced landscape and construction professionals, and candidates that are brand new to the industry. If you do not mind breaking a sweat, working in the great outdoors, and staying physically active all day working on unique and fun projects, we urge you to contact us about our available landscaping careers in Boulder, Colorado.
To apply, fill out the form below, or download an application here.
Email, fax, mail, or drop off a completed application and resume at:
Attention: Human Resources
1503 Hwy 52, Erie, CO 80516
Email or fax completed document or resume to:
fax: (303) 828-0935