Summertime and the living is easy… especially when your landscape is outfitted with an outdoor kitchen, bar, grilling station, or pizza oven.
Most of us relish the idea of cooking and grilling outdoors during the summer months because it keeps the heat out of the house, it is a particularly relaxing way to cook, and it allows us to utilize our natural environment to cook for those we love.
Outdoor kitchens work best when they are sited in a logical place. Criteria for getting the best use out of the space might include:
Prep space desired, including plenty of room to set down cooking tools and food
- Distance from the eating area to buffer guests from smoke and heat
- Proximity to other well-used outdoor areas such as pergola, swimming pool, or party area
- Proximity to your indoor kitchen
- Views you want to have from the outdoor kitchen, or don’t want blocked by the kitchen
- Extras (i.e. refrigerator, warming drawer, beer tap, Big Green Egg)
- Storage and trash requirements
- Drinks and food serving area(s)
- Lighting needs
- Shade (or lack thereof)
- Type of flooring – wood, concrete, flagstone, composite decking, tile
Outdoor Craftsmen is well-versed in designing and building outdoor kitchens and grilling stations that fit every need and budget. We’ve created a backyard grill that is the ‘endcap’ to a downslope flowing water feature; enclosed in a covered deck; with a special slot for the grill and the Big Green Egg; built into walls, terraces, and fireplaces.
Our designers will give you ideas for everything on your wish list (and more – including other nice touches you may not have thought of).
Whatever you do, hire experienced landscape professionals like Outdoor Craftsmen to design and build your outdoor kitchen so that it works seamlessly and smartly with the look and feel of your existing landscape.
Outdoor kitchens are a big investment in your property and will bring enjoyment for many years to come. You’ll want it to be right from the start.