Winter is the best time of year to take care of your valuable trees and shrubs and it is a task most homeowners dread doing themselves, so Outdoor Craftsmen has added winter pruning to their bevy of landscape maintenance services (the company also offers unique and innovative Christmas lights and holiday landscape decor services).
Most trees and shrubs need proper pruning to stay looking attractive in the landscape. Winter pruning has many advantages for your woody investments, including:
• removal of unsightly dead and diseased branches
• creates a beautiful shape and intentional design to the tree or shrub
• prevents insects from invading fresh pruned cuts
• offers woody plants extra root and energy reserves to support vigorous growth come spring
• encourages better blooming (for flowering trees and shrubs)
• maintains a good size (reduces the opportunity for overgrowth which can be very difficult to manage)
• thins out branches to increase light penetration and air movement, creating a healthier specimen
Pruning is a big chore at any time of year and can be dangerous for those not well-practiced at it. It is best left to those whose landscape pruning skills have been cultivated over many years of experience and who possess the right equipment for the job.
Your trees and shrubs will be healthy and happy all year when you have paid to have them taken care of by the trusted and experienced professionals at Outdoor Craftsmen.
Schedule an appointment to have us come out and tend to your small trees and shrubs this winter. You’ll be glad you checked this one off your to-do list without needing to do it yourself! Call or email us to schedule your appointment.