Some of our favorite landscape designs cater to the stunning views our clients have from vantage points inside and outside of their homes. The most picturesque landscapes complement the surrounding … Read More about Mind the Views
Built in 1899, this historic home in Boulder was in need of an up to date exterior remodel to that reflects the elegance of this period home. A new front porch and terraced entrance planters passed the formal review of the Boulder Historical Society, and blend seamlessly into the original architecture. The presentation of seasonal color of perennials, annuals and containers, add the finishing touch to this gorgeous slice of Boulder history.
We enhanced the landscape of this historic home to be in keeping with the newly remodeled interior by maintaining the integrity of the historic status required by the Boulder Historical Society. Intentional use of as much of the existing materials that were viable and matched the existing with new products was a special focus. We worked closely with City historical planners to develop a plan that satisfied the aesthetic enhancement the homeowner desired. Creation of an area with a garden setting that has seasonal interest with wall structure, ornamental shrubs, and bloom sequence added finishing touches to the entire outdoor environment.
- - Attained proper historical cerification and permitting represents industry best practices
- - Enormous effort to source salvaged materials that matched the existing materials
- - Rich amendments were imported to produce a healthy growing medium
- - Sophisticated irrigation system installed
- - Erosion and sediment control
- - Hardy plant material selected for structure, seasonal characteristics, and microclimate sensitivities
"Even to this day when opening the morning drapes, we say "wow". Chris and the crew are indeed Outdoor Craftsmen."
- Bob & Carolyn Bouck | Broomfield Colorado