One thing rarely talked about in the landscape industry is the positive impact landscaping has on mental health. Even the smallest patches of greenery can be beneficial. Trees located within 300 … Read More about Planting Trees Leads to Reduced Depression and Loneliness
With their front entrance in a state of disrepair, this client envisioned a fresh new look that would transition their home's dated façade into to a fully integrated Craftsmen-style entrance comprised of soothing spaces where they could sit and enjoy the views while monitoring their children playing in the park across the street. The gentle sound of water in the courtyard sets the tone as one approaches the refined elegance of this gracious front entrance. Large boulders ground the building's overall structure, while strong architectural elements such as columns, seat walls, and dimensional bluestone pull together the clean lines of the Craftsmen look.
The front porch and stoop were in need of repair as poor compaction and expansive soils had caused the concrete to severely crack and separate from the foundation. As the porch settled, the supporting column became detached from the roof as well. Water was trapped around the foundation and continued to exacerbate the issues. We designed and constructed a new entrance which included helical piers that went forty feet to bed rock. New footings, stairs, and landings were all rebuilt to receive a fresh new look. Proper drainage systems were installed and solved the water problems.
This new open court concept offers a wonderful setting for relaxed seating within the soothing sound of water, surrounded by specimen xeric plantings that accent the structure of the garden.
- - Craftsman-style custom stone columns and seat walls naturally integrated into large grey granite boulders
- - Granite boulder water feature is sculpted around walls for added sound interest
- - Unique plant pallet offers year-round textural and color interest while defining the space
- - Existing entrance columns, stairs, and landings were all rebuilt to receive a fresh new look while solving settling and drainage problems
"Even to this day when opening the morning drapes, we say "wow". Chris and the crew are indeed Outdoor Craftsmen."
- Bob & Carolyn Bouck | Broomfield Colorado