In the ever-evolving world of garden and landscape design, color trends play a crucial role in shaping the aesthetic appeal of our outdoor spaces. This year, the spotlight is on the delicate and … Read More about Peach Fuzz Color of the Year to be a big trend in landscapes and gardens too
How do you define luxury? For this Boulder County family, luxury is looking out the windows of their beloved long-time home each day to magnificent views of the Rocky Mountains, then padding outside to enjoy one of their many sumptuous garden rooms in complete privacy.
Unobstructed views and privacy aren’t commonly paired in landscaping, yet this home has both, owing to innovative and complex landscape design solutions that create inviting and usable spaces for entertaining and true outdoor living.
From the vantage point of the porcelain-tiled deck (four times its original size) with glass and powder coated steel railings and multiple cozy seating areas, the backyard areas are a feast for the eyes. The pool is built on a terrace created by raising the existing grade an impressive nine feet. Surrounded by perfectly matched natural stone and porcelain tiles, the pool area boasts sculpted evergreens and specimen plantings that intentionally integrate with the home’s architectural finishes.
A non-conventional and challenging design approach resulted in landscape nirvana complete with putting green, outdoor kitchen, flowing walkways, and layers of dwarf evergreen and deciduous trees for screening and sun- and wind-blocking. Spending time here feels like a hug from nature.
Front-of-house improvements included stripping everything off the foundation and expanding the front entrance with flanking patios, custom fabricated steel planters, and a driveway with granite cobble banding.
An abundance of ease and comfort defines luxury. This home and its refined and graceful landscape is that, and more.
- - 360-degree landscape remodel
- - Terraced grading for pool location
- - Natural screening for unobstructed views and sun and wind blocking
- - Incorporation of boulders front and back provides structural stability and cohesiveness throughout entirety of landscape
- - Expert recommendations on unique plantings
- - Sculpted boulder entry columns illuminated with home address
- - Nano door system from great room to outdoor areas
- - Decking is porcelain with high-end curved glass paneled deck railing system
- - Designed to optimize views while eliminating the fishbowl effect
- - Custom fire bowl
- - High-end, clean finishes throughout
- - Seamless flow between all spaces
- - Staggered overlapping hedge utilized for pass-through from front to back of house
"Our expectations for the project have been far exceeded in every way – the design, installation, plant selection and quality, the skill of the crews, and the quality of service."
- Alan and Stephanie Greenberg