Read Part One in the blog series here. Not Knowing Your Land Every property is unique and has characteristics that should dictate the design and landscape materials used. Before embarking on a … Read More about Landscape mistakes that can cost you – Part 2
This is a swan story transforming a historical but tired exterior into a modern home presentation. Maximizing the limited usable space of the driveway and front entrance was of utmost importance, and removing and replacing all existing unhealthy plant material evoked a feeling of well-being throughout the environment. The opportunity to design and build an extensive remodel such as this speaks to the diverse skill sets that are represented in the Landscape industry as a whole. Detailed plans were created by highly skilled designers, and seasoned project supervisors coordinated scheduling and logistics of tight working conditions with multiple trades. Our talented stone mason installed the detailed veneers and coping that ultimately transformed the look of the home.
The home owners recognized the importance of integrating their taste of a contemporary aesthetic that would translate to the exterior finishes. A complete remodel of the of the exterior of the home and grounds allowed for maximization of the limited entrance and driveway space as well as a new look. Sculptural plants and clean crisp presentation add the finishing touch to this work of art.
- - Project designed to minimize turfgrass - using it only in backyard play area
- - Ground covers, shrubs, and trees were used to create a beautiful and drought-tolerant design
- - Efficient and effective irrigation system installed including drip and spray irrigation zones
- - Plants selected to be hearty to the site, soil conditions, and microclimates
- - Numerous shade trees planted to provide beauty, wildlife habitat, and shade to the house
- - Use of trees to reduce summer cooling expenses
- - Invasive Elm trees removed and replaced with non-invasive trees
"Even to this day when opening the morning drapes, we say "wow". Chris and the crew are indeed Outdoor Craftsmen."
- Bob & Carolyn Bouck | Broomfield Colorado